MORTON-L Archives

Archiver > MORTON > 2004-02 > 1076873386

From: "Marsha Hamilton" <>
Subject: [MORTON] Samuel Morton "wil" probated 6 May 1765 in Charlotte Co., VA of Lunnenburg Co. VA
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:29:53 -0500

I have a "Will" for a Samuel Morton that I will post here but if someone
would be so kind to try and help me discover if this Samuel Morton was from
the same family as Mary Morton b ca 1665 in Northhumberland Co., VA md to
Henry Bruce of Richmond Co. VA ...their daughter Mary Bruce md George Dye

OR...is Samuel Morton related to Mary Q. Morton below?

Mary Q. Morton b 1792 md Henry Madison b abt 1789 of Charlotte Co., VA

-------------------------

Charlotte Co., VA; Will Book 1, dated 1765-1791

Page #3

Lunenburg Co., Wife unnamed; 2 Negroes, Ned and Phillips. To be equally
divided betwixt my children, 4 Negores, Tom, Frank, Rachal and Milly.

Son, William land on South side of Hills Creek. Daughter, (torn) 100 acres
on North side of Hill Creek. Child expected remaining land on the North
side of Hill Creek. Daughter Mary. Two youngest equally divided with other
two children.

Exec: my wife, George Mo----, -----Morton and William Morton.

Witnesses: David Green, Absalem Roberts, Wils-Morton, Joseph Morton.

Presented by Nancy Morton, George Moore, Wm Morton, Josiah Morton,

Executrix and Executors"

Security Paul Covington and Joseph Morton

Can anyone tell me if there is any relationship of the above Mary Morton and
Mary Q. Morton

Have a good Sunday

Marsha Hamilton

This thread: