MSJEFFER-L Archives

Archiver > MSJEFFER > 2001-05 > 0990638560

From: Jo Ann Cooper Killeen <>
Subject: [MSJEFFER-L] William Kelly, Jefferson Co, MS
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:22:40 -0600

Posted on: Jefferson Co. Ms Queries Forum
Reply Here: http://genconnect.rootsweb.com/gc/USA/Ms/Jefferson/10499

Surname:
-------------------------

William Kelly and William Kelly Jr. appear in Jefferson County, MS, Court
Documents 1820-1840 (ordered copy but as of this date I have not heard
anything from Chancery Clerk in Fayette).

I believe the above William Kelly (Sr)to be the son of Rev War Soldier
John Kelly of Fairfield Co, SC. John Kelly had a son William Kelly (Sr)
who was named in John Kelly's will. The will stated that William Kelly
d. before 19 Jan 1842 and William left two daughters and a minor child.
The deceased William Kelly's two daughters: Mary/May who married John R.
Harris, 19 Mar 1835, and Elizabeth who married Elias Harris, 1841 --both
married in Claiborne County, MS. Believe the minor child to be William
Kelly (Jr) above.

Any info on William Kelly and/or William Kelly Jr. would be greatly appreciated.

Jodi Killeen:

This thread: