MSJEFFER-L Archives

Archiver > MSJEFFER > 2001-05 > 0990907861

From: "Ann Geoghegan" <>
Subject: Re: [MSJEFFER-L] Coleman's Crossing
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 15:11:01 -0500

Moorman's Battalion was formed from what was left of the Seven Stars
Artillery after the Battle of Port Hudson. My husband had two 3G Uncles,
James, and Robert and his 2G grandfather in the Seven Stars. After the
Battle of Port Hudson when they along with most of the others were captured
and paroled several days later, they made their way home to Franklin County
where they picked up baby brother Henry and proceeded to Copiah County where
they reunited with the members of their Artillery who had not been captured
and formed Moorman's Battalion on Feb 23, 1864. Moorman's also was in the
Battle of Concord, which took place in Yazoo County, in December 1864. A
short history of the Battalion is available on the website of the Miss SCV
which is located at:
http://www.mississippiscv.org/UH24thBnMSC.htm

Ann Geoghegan