MSJEFFER-L Archives

Archiver > MSJEFFER > 2001-05 > 0991077131

Subject: [MSJEFFER-L] Re:War of 1812
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 15:12:11 EDT

I should have mentioned that the data was extracted from those microfilm
records by Jean Strickland and Patricia N. Edwards, organized and then
published by Ben Strickland (P.O.Box 5147, Moss Point, MS 39563) as:
"Residents of the Mississippi Territory, Book Three, The Military". It is
indexed, while the microfilm isn't. The entries in the book give the service
Card number, by which you may request a copy of the service record from NARA.
We have a set of the microfilms here in the Madison County Public Library,
Huntsville, Al, and I have compared some of the Strickland data with the
microfilm and found it accurate.

George R. Lewis

This thread: