MSJEFFER-L Archives

Archiver > MSJEFFER > 2003-10 > 1066026705

From: "Bobby Ray Rawls" <>
Subject: Re: [MSJEFFER-L] BUSHNELL
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 01:32:15 -0700

ETHEL,

I don't know if we have corresponded before, I have talked to or
corresponded with hundreds of people over the years.

I have some on the BUSHNELL family as I collect info. on ALL RAWLS
everywhere. And I have were MATTHEW BUSHNELL married SERENA RAWLS on the 6th
of JUNE 1820 in OPELOUSAS, ST. LANDRY parish, LOUISIANA with CLARISSA
STEPHENS giving her consent for her son MATTHEW BUSHNELL to marry. CLARISSA
(X) STEPHENS and DENNIS M. STEPHENS signed the record

apparently CLARISSA had married DENNIS M. STEPHENS after EZRA BUSHNELL
died. The successions of SOUTHWEST LOUISIANA by the REV. DONALD J. HEBERT
list thousands of records for that entire region if you don't already know
that. EUSEBIA BUSHNELL is listed.

Someone I contacted or vise versa gave me a lot of info. on MATTHEW
BUSHNELL and his wives and their children, but I forget who and I have lost
a lot of my e-mail records. I have that info. here somewhere in my thousands
of pages of records

SERENA RAWLS was the daughter of AMOS RAWLS (one of STEPHEN F. AUSTIN'S
"old three hundred and a Captain of one of his five militia company's ) and
LUCY SCOTT.

You say CLARISSA was a MILLS. Was she kin to ROBERT MILLS of SUMNER county,
TENNESSEE and the HOSKINS family?

another branch of RAWLS were married into the MILLS family from there,
WILLIAM RAWLS married SUSAN B. DICKASON, JUNE 8, 1837 at HARTSVILLE, SUMNER
county, TENNESSEE. WILLIAM RAWLS and his cousin ROBERT MILLS operated flat
boats on the MISSISSIPPI RIVER in the 1830's to 1840's. they lived in TUNICA
county, MISSISSIPPI, at COMMERCE LANDING. WILLIAM'S brother THOMAS H. RAWLS
married NANCY ANN McLAURIN {widow of ARCHIBALD CAMERON" May 31 , 1838 in
JEFFERSON county, MISSISSIPPI

BRUCE do you have anything on the WILLIAM RAWLS or ROBERT MILLS as they
operated flat boats and you seem to know something about the early boat
operators of MISSISSIPPI?

I appreciate anything you can tell me.

thanks very much

BOBBY RAWLS