MSNOXUBE-L Archives

Archiver > MSNOXUBE > 2008-01 > 1200857056

From: ,
Subject: Re: [MSNOXUBE] Isham Farmer Family
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:24:16 -0000

Author: CatherineWilliamsCooper
Surnames: Dabney, Minor, McNair, Mahorner
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.mississippi.counties.noxubee/200.3.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Pat,

I don't have much to help you but would like to suggest that perhaps DeSoto Co. and Marshall Co. might provide some new clues for you.

I descend from the Dabney family. My Dabney ancestress lived in DeSoto and Marshall Cos. (where she died). I noted that two of your Farmer descendents resided in those two counties.

My particular Dabney line does include an early Dabney-Anderson marriage: Dabney Minor to Ann Anderson in 1773. From there, the Dabney and Minors intermarried several times. My line came from Orange Co., VA through KY to MS.

I found no other records of Anderson Dabney or other Dabneys in Noxubee except one marriage entry:
A. W. Dabney to Mary E. Mahorner, 21 Oct. 1846. Married by Daniel McNair, M.G.

Anderson W. Dabney was a Senator from Noxubee Co. in 1846 and 1848.

Important Note: