MTLEWISA-L Archives

Archiver > MTLEWISA > 2008-10 > 1223576550

From: "Nancy & Ted" <>
Subject: [MTLEWISA] Samuel Ross McWilliams b1824 OH
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 13:22:30 -0500

There is family lore that this Ross McWilliams went west and was the mayor
of Helena Montana. I'd like to know if this is true, or how I could find
out if it is true. We have a photo of him marked NE on the back, and know
that his sister Nancy Oldham McWilliams Buchanan moved to Nebraska and that
another sister, Lavinia McWilliams Johnston ended up in Montana. Does
anyone recognize this family? Ross died while in his 30s, and his son, Ross
Kennon McWilliams, died as a baby.

Samuel Ross McWilliams was born 12 Dec 1824 in Belmont Co. Ohio, and died
June 10, 1860 in Washington Co. Ohio. He married Eliza Kennon in 1859 in
Guernsey Co. Ohio.

Nancy

This thread: