MYRICK-L Archives

Archiver > MYRICK > 2001-08 > 0998681732

Subject: Re: MYRICK - WILLIAMS - GOFF
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:35:32 EDT

Dear Brenda and others,

The following information was on posts at Genforum and shows connections of
MYRICK - WILLIAMS - GOFF's that appear to connect. Even the name of Lena is
in this family.

Bellinda Myrick - Barnett
***************************************

Re: Council Goff
Posted by: Nell Elam Date: December 02, 1999 at 01:05:35

HISTORY OF COUNCIL WILLIAM GOFF
Parents:

John Goff b. 1784 Duplin Co., NC; d. 1837 in Oglethorpe Co., GA

Mary Elizabeth Williams Goff b. 1795 Duplin Co., NC; d. 1847, LA Marriage
Date: 1811, Duplin, Co., NC

Children (all thirteen):

1) Prandy B. Goff Hodges b.1813 NC; d. 1873 TX

2) John Goff b. 1815 NC; d. before 1904 in TX (fought in Civil War-never
married)

3) Robert T. Goff b. 1817 NC; d. 1904 LA (Simsboro, LA)

4) Council William Goff b. 1819, NC; d. probably in Grayson CO. before 1904
as he is listed as deceased in the obit. for Robert Goff in 1904.

5)Young son, age not known, died at age 2.

6) Marshall Calhoun Goff b. 1822 NC; d. 10/14/1904 Lampassas Co., TX (THIS IS
MY GR, GR, GRANDFATHER) married Mary Picket 1853 GA

7) Clara Goff Joiner Eddleman b. 1825 NC; d. 1871

8) James Goff b. 1827 NC; d. before 1904 in TX; married a Miss Harrison; dau.
born, Elizabeth Goff, 1856.

9) Edward Hill Goff b. 1830 N; d. 3/25/1883 TX; married Mary Louisa Winton
1857, Hunt Co., TX; CHILDREN BORN: Council W. Goff b. 2/18/1859, William
Yancey Goff b. 12/13/1860, John Monroe Goff b. 2/26/1966, Sally Goff b.
5/5/1869, Samuel Edward Goff b. 6/16/1871, James Bert Goff b. 6/13/1875

10 & 11)(TWINS)= Green Monroe Goff & Clements Montgomery Goff; b. 1832 NC;

Green Monroe fought and died in the Civil War and left a widow behind.

Clements Montgomery died at the young age of 15, in LA; circa 1847.

12) Tom Goff b. 1834 NC; d. 1865 Was taken as prisoner and then released.
Died during his journey home to TX (as per W.Y. Goff, grandson of Edward Hill
Goff)

13) Mattie Goff Myrick Davis b. 1837 in GA; d. 1918 at Arcadia, LA.

Email:
***********************
David WILLIAMS b. 1718
Posted by: Lena' Date: May 02, 1999 at 10:14:03
of 18398

I am seeking information on David WILLIAMS b. 1718, d. 1795. He married Mary
MATHIS. His father may have been William WILLIAMS, however I have no proof. I
welcome all help.
*****************************

Hi,

Don't know if the above LENA is part of the MYRICK family that married into
KIRKLAND that Liz MOORE and others are researching but she does have some
KIRKLAND posts on Genforum....here is one.......

Re: Henry A. Kirkland b. 1834 Henry Co., Al
Posted by: Lena' Date: April 01, 1999 at 18:17:51
Human of 1843

I am looking for information on my great great grandfather Benjamin KIRKLAND
of Henry County, AL. According to my great grandmother's Family Bible he
married Laura BUCHER. One of their sons was Harvey Thomas KIRKLAND b. Nov.
26, 1896 who married Idella DESHAZO.

**********************
Re: David WILLIAMS b. 1718
Posted by: Jack Williams Date: May 02, 1999 at 21:39:54

Are you looking for the David Williams who was from Duplin County, NC and
later settled in Bulloch County, Ga?

********************

Hi, again,

Interestingly enough, the above mentioned Jack WILLIAMS also has posts that
he has made regarding the FRITH - WILLIAMS families which I descend from in
my previously mentioned to you PEMBERTON - WILLIAMS family which married into
my BILLINGTON - WILLIAMS family.

And he also has a GOFF connection to his WILLIAMS which I will show below.

Bellinda
Jack WILLIAMS' info is immediately below:

Re: Frith families in Virginia
Posted by: Jack Williams Date: March 20, 2001 at 16:24:08

Go to this URL and you will find some info on the Friths of Virginia.
http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-genforum/forums/frith.cgi?203
*************

Ruth Goff marriage to Thomas Frith, Va
Posted by: Jack Williams Date: December 20, 1999 at 21:00:05
of 2038

Am seeking information on the marriage and family of Ruth A. Goff who married
Thomas Frith in Bedford County, Va. 2 Feb. 1800.
********************
FREDERICK KILPATRICK WILLIAMS, 1775-1780
Posted by: Jack Williams Date: September 09, 2000 at 21:59:27
of 18398

FREDERICK KILPATRICK WILLIAMS, b. 1775-1780. This man was in Laurens and
Washington Counties, Georgia. 1st proven date is 1801 when he obtained a
passport to travel in Indian Territory. He married Charity Dees in Montgomery
County, Ga 1809. Probably born NC, disappeared 1831-32 on trip from Randolph
County, Ga to Laurens or Irwin County, Ga. Had sons David Hiram, (My
ancestor) Fred, Charles, Mark, Luke and Sebe (Seaborn) and a Daughter Ellener
called Nellie. Anyone who knows anything about any of these people, please
conmtact me.

Hi,

Regarding the David WILLIAMS mentioned previously:

Re: David WILLIAMS b. 1718
Posted by: Sissy Williams Howell Date: June 14, 1999 at 10:41:11

This David Williams may have been the father of Frederick Williams who
married Arrabicca Goff. Please contact me if you have evidence that this is
true.