MYRICK-L Archives

Archiver > MYRICK > 2002-12 > 1039195940

Subject: [MYRICK] Elias C. Myrick-Moore County, North Carolina; Lauderdale County,...
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:32:20 EST

In a message dated 12/6/2002 7:06:10 AM Central Standard Time,
writes:

> James Calvin Myrick was the son of Francis Myrick and Susannah Carroll.
> ( The Story of the Myricks by Bowen lists these children as living in 1853,
>
> I can not find out why she said that, from what document she was assuming
> this, I do find that Huldah, John, Sarah, James, and Rebecca are all
> living
> in 1850 as I have them documented on 1850 census)
> 1. Moses (NO MORE INFO)
> 2. Rebecca (lived Moore Co, NC)
> 3. Hulda (lived Moore Co, NC)
> 4. Permelia ( lived Moore Co, NC married Enoch Maness)
> 5. James ( born 1791 married Sallie Richardson lived Lauderdale Co,
> Alabama and Tishomingo Co, MS)
> 6. John ( born 1785 married Peggy Garner lived Moore Co, NC)
> 7. Sarah ( married ? Denson annd she died in 1842, left a will)

Hi, Liz, (and others,)

Okay...just as I think that I have this all sorted out...something comes
along and throws me a curve again!!! <lol>

Were you meaning to say that the parents of these children were Rebecca
MIDDLETON and Francis MYRICK, Jr, son of Francis MYRICK, Sr. and Susannah
CARROLL?

The information that I have on Francis MYRICK and Susannah CARROLL would make
them have been born too early to be the parents of this groups of these
names.

I show

Francis MYRICK
born: 1665 in Surry County, Virginia
died: 1740 in Northampton County, North Carolina
md: Susannah CARROLL
born: prob. Bet. 1675-1680
died: Abt. June 1775
md: Bef. 1694.

In my information, I have that they were the parents of:

(1.) Francis (2) MYRICK, Jr., born: 1695,
(2.) Richard MYRICK, born: Abt. 1694
(3.) Owen MYRICK, born: Abt. 1700
(4.) John William? MYRICK, born: 1705

And in my information I show that this Francis (2) MYRICK, Jr. married
Rebecca MIDDLETON and that they were the parents of the 1st Moses MYRICK,
born: 1724 in Brunswick County, Virginia, who married Susannah ELLISON. And
this Francis (2) MYRICK, Jr. and Rebecca MIDDLETON were the parents of
children:

(1.) Francis (3) MYRICK, III
born: Bet. 1715-1720
in Brunswick Co., VA
died: 1790
in North Carolina
md: Mary TURNER
(2.) Moses MYRICK, Sr.
born: 1724
in Brunswick Co., VA
md: Susannah ELLISON
(3.) John Middleton MYRICK
born: Bet. March 09, 1714 - 1716
Lawrenceville, Brunswick Co., VA
md: Ann(e) THOMPSON
born: November 25, 1734
died: January 02, 1803
md: June 21, 1756
in Granville County, North Carolina
(aka Bute & Warren Counties)
(4.) Mary MYRICK
born: 1723 in Brunswick Co., VA
died: ??
md: 1742 in Brunswick Co., VA
md: husb. # 1: John DUKE, Sr.
md: husb. # 2: Matthew EDWARDS
(5.) Moses MYRICK
born: 1724 in Brunswick Co., VA
died: 1808 in Warren Co., NC
md: Susannah ELLISON
born: Abt. 1723 prob. in Brunswick Co., VA
(6.) Owen MYRICK
born: 1724 in Brunswick Co., VA
died: Bef. 1795 in Brunswick Co., VA
md: Sarah Watkins CLARK(E)
md: Amy/Amey JORDAN
md: in Granville Co., NC
(7.) Matthew MYRICK
born: Abt. 1731 prob. in Brunswick Co., VA
died: 1807 in Baldwin Co., GA
md: Mary ?
(8.) Rachel Middleton MYRICK
born: 1737 in Brunswick Co., VA
died: Aft. March 28, 1819 in Brunswick Co., VA
md: in Brunswick Co., VA
md: John FLETCHER, Sr.
(9.) William MYRICK
born: 1740 in Brunswick Co., VA
died: March 26, 1795 in Warren Co., NC
md: wife # 1: Sarah VANLANDINGHAM
md: 1763 in Granville Co., NC
md: Sarah PERSON
born: Abt. 1755 in Granville Co., NC
(10.) John MYRICK
born: June 1751 in Franklin County, NC
died: 1835 in Baldwin Co., GA
md: Amy GOODWIN
born: August 21, 1755 in Franklin Co., NC
died: November 1834 in Baldwin Co., GA

Thanks. Talk to you soon.

Bellinda

This thread: