MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2005-03 > 1111229662

From: "Caroline Harris" <>
Subject: Fw: LOCH TAY official no. 60468.
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:54:22 -0000

The Loch Tay is listed in the 1905 Lloyds Register of Sailing Vessels.No. in
book 402 reg:60468 WQCM , Owners Glasgow Shipping Co.( Aitken Lilburn & Co.,
mgrs). built 1869 by Barclay,Curle & Co. Iron Bark, built under special
survey, iron, steel or composite according to the rules of Underwriter's
registry, well and sufficiently equipped. Iron vessel built with thicker
plating.length 225.4 breadth 35.5 Depth 21.6 gross tonnage 1250.
2 Decks. Master in the service of the owner and of the vessel itself - T C
Martin appointed 1889. This ship was surveyed as fit at Glasgow 1902 &
Melbourne(1904) so it was obviously traversing between britain &
Australasia.
I do hope this helps!
regards
Caroline H