MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2005-03 > 1111314935

From: "Bernard de Neumann" <>
Subject: RE: [Mar] DUCHESS OF BEDFORD
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:35:35 -0000

Further to my previous message on this subject, the Royal Navy also
contrived to sink British vessels, as is illustrated by the fact that HM Sub
TRITON torpedoed and sank HM Sub OXLEY with all hands on 10 Sept 1939.
Naturally this w3as a mistake, but it was due to the "fog of war" whereby
only the "quick and the dead" remain and unintended consequences abound for
all participants.

Bernard de Neumann

This thread: