MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2005-08 > 1124050276

From: "jean0305" <>
Subject: 1820's ship LARANA/Lorena/Loriana/Larena
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:17:50 -0400

I will really appreciate any information that is available about a ship
named Larana/Larena/Lorena/Loriana. From an old letter, dated 1820,
Philadelphia; and addressed to Captain Manuel Texido, c/o Peter Harmony,
Merchant, NY, NY ...the writer's husband has died at sea (no mention of how)
and she is seeking the value of the 12/100 percent he had invested in the
ship. I believe she was a brig ...perhaps a privateer. Names mentioned are
Mr. Graw, Mr. Romagosa and what looks like Mr. Longuesse.

The letter is signed Charlotte B D(?) Anlelo (I think the last name is
actually ANTELO) Because of terrible spelling, and slightly better
handwriting, I am hoping to find out what these people had to do with my GGG
Grandfather (Cap't Texido) by following the ship records. Most of his
maritime and merchant life is shrouded in mystery at the moment. Thanks in
advance Jean

This thread: