McBRIDE-L Archives

Archiver > McBRIDE > 2002-04 > 1020184560

From: "FRITZ-CRAWFORD, RHONDA J" <>
Subject: RE: Samuel K. or M. McBride-Trinity Co., TX b 1852
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:36:00 -0500

Thomas,

Are you sure about the date on Homer McBride? If he is first generation
shouldn't he be born earlier than 1889?

I have McBrides in my family but I don't think this is my line either. It
is very curious though because I also have Bennetts that married McBrides
(see last record in list). I too have my relatives buried in the Bennett
Cem in Trinity Co.

The information that I have comes from a relative that lives in Apple
Springs, Tx. and his neighbor who is also related. It is below:
*******************************

James McBride was born in Virginia. Parents' names are unknown, only that
they were both born in Ireland and came to America before 1750, but not
together. They married after they got here. The father was apprenticed to
a blacksmith, so I suppose that he was just a youth when he arrived. After
he had served his time, he served in the Revolutionary War. He lived in
Pennsylvania when he first came to America, then moved to Virginia, then to
Tennessee.

James married:
(A)a Miss Brock and to them were born four children:

1.John M. McBride, b. 13 Nov 1799, d. 1865, m. 1819, Louisa Street in
Lincoln County, Tennessee

2.Sherwood McBride, b. 24 June 1802, Tennessee, d. Lone Oak, Hunt,
Texas, m. 15 March 1821, Florence, Lauderdale, Alabama

3.William McBride, b. 9 November 1803, Tennessee, d. abt 11 August
1837, Hardeman County, Tennessee, m. abt 1822, Hardeman County, Elizabeth
Ritter

4.Keziah McBride, b. 22 October 1805, Tennessee, d. 11 June 1866,
Ripley, Tippah, Mississippi, m. abt 1821, Lincoln County, Tennessee,
Anderson Street.

Miss Brock (we think her name was Sarah Ann) died unknown date

James then married, abt 1808

(B)Sarah Jackson, b. abt 1786, (place unknown) d. 2 Jan 1854, Ripley,
Tippah, Mississippi. They had children:

1.Daniel McBride, b. 14 Nov 1809, Lincoln County, Tennessee, d. 26 Aug
1873, Ripley, Tippah, Tennessee, m. 20 Nov 1830, Shelby County, Tennessee,
Mary W. Bridges

2.George Jefferson McBride, b. 13 Nov 1810, Lincoln County, d. Aug
1849, Aug 1849 Tipton County, Tennessee, m. abt 1835, most likely Shelby
County, Tennessee, Lavinia Menasco

3.Solomon McBride, b. 15 May 1812, Lincoln County, Tennessee, d. ??,
m. 5 Jan 1834, Shelby County, Sarah Menasco

4.Mary "Polly" McBride, b. abt 1815. Lincoln County, d. before 1840,
m. a Mr. Roberts.

A1.John and Louisa had:

1.James Louis McBride, b. 11 Jun 1820, Holmes Co, Mississippi, d. 19
Oct 1905, Weston, Jackson, Louisiana, m. 24 Dec 1839, Frances Edwards

2.Lucinda McBride, b. abt 1822, Alabama, d. bef 20 May 1862,
Mississippi, m. George C. Beale

3.Elizabeth McBride, b. abt 1824, Holmes County, m. a Mr. Williams

4.John Sherwood McBride, b. 1827, Holmes Co, Mississippi, d. Houston,
Harris, Texas, m. Lizzie Sorrels

5.Rev. William Mallory McBride, b. 31 Mar 1830, Lexington, Holmes,
Miss., d. 18 Jul 1895, Gransville, Winn, Louisiana, m. 1851, Miss., Anne
Amelia Scarborough

6.Salita "Sally" McBride, b. 1831, Holmes County, d. Mississippi, m.
T. T. Burns

7.Jefferson McBride, b. 1834, Holmes County, (no other info.)

8.Daniel McBride, b. 20 Jul 1836, Holmes County, d. 11 Dec 1898, White
County, Arkansas, m. abt 1855, Holmes County, Julia Ann Nevels

9.Mary McBride, b. 1837, Holmes Co. Miss, d. ?, m. a Mr. Burns

10.Frances "Fannie" McBride, b. 1839, Holmes County, d. ?, m. John D.
Wigley

11.Robert Anderson McBride, b. 1843, Holmes County, d. in Alabama.

A3William McBride, b. 9 Nov 1803 and Elizabeth Ritter had children:

1.James Anderson McBride, b. 1823, Middleton, Hardeman, Tennessee, d.
?, m. 16 Mar 1843, Mary E. Harrison

2.Everett R. McBride, b. 1825, d. ?, m. 25 Feb 1850, Middleton
Hardeman County, Tennessee, Elizabeth Cole

3.Sarah Ann McBride,b. 17 Mar 1826, Middleton, Hardeman, Tennessee, d.
17 Feb 1835, Middleton

4.William Young McBride, b. 1827, Middleton, Hardeman, Tennessee, m.
29 Jul 1852, Hardeman, Tennessee, Jane Ann Chambless

5.John Lucas McBride, b. 4 H Jun 1829, Middleton, d. 10 Aug 1905,
Hardeman County, m. 21 Mar 1855, Boliver, Hardeman, Tennessee, Martha Louise
Harrison

6.Andrew Jackson McBride, b. 1832, Middleton, Hardeman County,
Tennessee, m. Mary E. Coleman

7.Thomas Jefferson McBride, b. 1835, Middleton, Hardeman County,
Tennessee

8.Sarah Ann McBride, b. 1836, Middleton, no record of death or
marriage

9.Pleasant Brock McBride, b. 1837, Middleton, d. ?, m. 15 Sep 1857,
Middleton, Eady Ann Cole

Thanks,
Rhonda
(also in Austin area)