McCALL-L Archives

Archiver > McCALL > 2000-07 > 0964368077

From: Costello <>
Subject: [McCALL] John McCall born 1723.
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 12:01:17 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Peter,

I am sorry to say that I do not have anything much on this John
McCall. He is listed first in his father's will (Will of John McCall,
written 9 April 1754 and proved 24 Jan 1755 in Tyrone Township, York Co
[now Adams Co], PA) I can send the will if you would like. John is willed
5 shillings, while his siblings Samuel and Thomas are the ones who
received the land. Perhaps John already had been given some land....

Since siblings Thomas McCall went south to Washington County,
Virginia and James McCall went south to North Carolina and South Carolina,
it may be possible that brother John McCall went south also. Also Gary
Young has done research and is more knowledgable about the North Carolina
McCalls.

Donna Jean and Bob Ford have done extensive research in York (now
Adams) Co and have found the following:

Oct 1757 - York Co, PA Clerk of the Court Road Papers:
Signatures of:
Thomas McCall
Alexander McCall
John McCall

Gary Young and Chuck Gibson have McCall lines that are in
the Carolinas. The conjecture is that James McCall (John's youngest
brother) migrated from York Co, PA to North Carolina and York Co, South
Carolina sometime in the mid 1760s. He married second to Rebecca Kelly in
1769 in York Co, SC.

I am sorry that is the only information I can give.
Warm wishes,
Diane Costello

This thread: