McMAHON-L Archives

Archiver > McMAHON > 2002-09 > 1031234340

From: "Scott Brooks" <>
Subject: Re: [McMAHON-L] McMahon list roll call -- Scottish link?
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:00:28 -0400

Patricia, if you're interested (you may have these papers already), I have a
copy of a pension application from a Sallie McMahon that mentions your
ancestor, Friend Wilson McMahon. Evidently, her husband, William Stephenson
McMahon and Friend served together in Company E of Speight's Texas Battalion
(15th Regiment, Texas Infantry). Since the War Department couldn't find
official records showing William's service, Friend swore an affidavit to his
service.

If any other cousins or relatives are related to this person, let me know,
and I'll try to get the information to you. I requested it from the Texas
Archives, a great source for genelogical information - if your ancestors
lived in Texas, that is! My McMahon line is close to Bill's - James Polk
McMahon was my gggrandfather, and (I think) was Bill's greatgrandfather.

Scott Brooks
Senoia, GA