McQUEEN-L Archives

Archiver > McQUEEN > 2006-02 > 1140882911

From: "Eunice Robinson" <>
Subject: RE: [McQUEEN] The family history
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 07:55:11 -0800

Dawn,

Over the past few nights I had been working on the construction of Robert
Dundas McQueen - didn't quite get him connected to Robert Mcqueen, Laird of
Stoneybrn & Whelphill - but thanks to your information, now I know. While
in Salt Lake a couple of years ago, went through some of the large printed
books and extracted information on the McQueens in the Register of Deeds and
Index to the Record Services kept in Chancery - these books are big ones,
but photocopied the pages for years as early as 1750-1759 up to about 1881.
Still wading through, so will pass on information when I get it a bit more
organized.

You mention Robert and his 3 sons. My husband descends from William - son
#2, and from William's first son Robert who married his cousin Elizabeth
(daughter of Robert - son #3. Margaret McKinnon of California also descends
from this union.

You are correct in your assumption that the Loudon that I mentioned was the
merchant in Liverpool. This is the line that Betty Allison of Altrimcham is
descended from.

I had managed to trace the McQueen's back to the marriage of Robert and
Elizabeth, but it was the information from Margaret that gave me the
breakthrough. Back in 1981 I had done an inexpensive McQueen genealogy
booklet, and donated a copy to the Family History Library in Salt Lake -
after all I had used their resources to compile most of it.

Eunice