Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2000-07 > 0963874168

Subject: [Melungeon] Bolling/Boldin info I have
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:49:28 EDT

Hi List, I have a Bolden and Cope listing I would like to share with you all.
Stpehen Payne Cope b) 1805 TN married Comfort Bouldin/Bolin ca 1828 Warren
CO TN. It is believed she is the dau. of Lewis Boldin & Temperance Sanders.
The Cope family that has given me this info states that Comfort Bolden is a
Cherokee Indian. Stephen Cope is the son of James Cope & Lydia Payne first
found in Warren CO TN 1812.
I found Temerance Bolin 1780-1790 on the 1830 Warren CO TN census page 357.
There is a David Bowland 1800-1810 on the same page. I also found a younger
Lewis Bouldin 1800-1810 on page 347.
A Jeremiah Bolin is listed in Warren CO TN before 1810 as having a land grant
there. I am trying to connect this man to a Jeremiah Bowling found listed
with Andrew Cope , 1792 Russell CO VA and 1794 Lee CO VA tax list( Lee CO
was created from Russell CO ca 1792 ). The name of Jerret/Jered Bolling shows
up in Russell CO VA as well 1790s. Jeremiah Boling shows up on the 1797
Grainger CO TN poll tax list and so does James & Andrew Cope.
Jeremiah Bolling and Benjamin Bolling found on the 1810-1820 Russell CO VA
census.
Anyone have info on this Bolling/Bowling/Bolin ect. that I can work on. I
have a hunch that this Jeremiah Bolling is related to Benjamin Bolling (
1734-1832 ) & Patsy Phelps listed in the family of Brent Kennedy.
David

This thread: