Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2001-01 > 0980342839

From: Celia Millington-Wyckoff <>
Subject: [Melungeon] Re: Blood types
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:27:19 -0500

An A+ here (that's an A positive, not an A plus--I may be smart, but
I'm not THAT smart ;-).....so that puts me in the majority of
Melungeons (33.6%), but tied with the 0+ folks for the majority of
Americans at 37%! :-)

Celia in PA

Some surnames: DENTON, ODELL, CUNNINGHAM, LEICHLITER, MCCORKLE,
MORRISON, SLOAN, HAYNES

At 9:50 PM -0500 1/23/01, wrote:
>Hi Guys!!
>
>Some time back we did a very unscientific blood group study on this list.
>Here is the result of that study:
>
>Human Blood Types
>
>Blood is grouped into four types: A, B, AB, and O. Each Type is also
>classified by an Rh factor - either positive (+) or negative (-).
>When a blood transfusion is necessary, donor and patient blood must
>be compatible. If not, the patient's body will react to the
>incompatible donor cells, leading to complications, maybe even death.
>Your ABO blood grouping and Rh factor are inherited from your
>parents.
>
> USA average Melungeon survey
>A positive 37% 33.6%
>A negative 6% 12.8%
>AB positive 4% 2.4%
>AB negative 1% 1.8%
>B positive 10% 7.3%
>B negative 2% 0.0%
>O positive 37% 28.1%
>O negative 6% 14.0 %
>
>I don't know what all this means and probably not much but I thought it was
>interesting and saved the post from which it came. Make your own decisions on
>what it means. :-) I am A+.
>NancyS
>
>---
>

>THE MELUNGEON HEALTH EDUCATION AND SUPPORT NETWORK:
>http://www.melungeonhealth.org
>Sparks Genealogy: http://SparksGenealogy.net
>Searching SPARKS, HAGER, JAYNE, RAMEY/REMY, COLLINS, MUSICK, WALKER, PORTER
> MAYO, CAREY/CARY NAPIER,QUEEN, PERDUE, KELLEY, LETT, BELCHER

>The Silicon Holler: http://www.appalnet.org/
>Search the Melungeon List archives (1996-1999)
>Go to:
>http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl
>And key in:
>Melungeon

Celia Millington-Wyckoff, M.A.
Instructional Materials Designer
Department of Distance Education/The World Campus
Penn State University
210 Rider II Building
University Park, PA
16802