Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2001-03 > 0983907667

From: Celia Millington-Wyckoff <>
Subject: [Melungeon] Asian eye fold
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:41:07 -0500

Hi, guys--

I think this can appear in several ways. One of my uncles had the
more "typical-looking" (i.e., Asian-looking) NA eyes; another uncle
(along with his sister, my late mother) had the rounder, but hooded
and "sleepy-looking" eyes like Elvis. Both my son and I inherited
the hooded and sleepy-looking version.....

Although she has never said it publicly that I'm aware of, I'm sure
the actress Sela Ward must be part Native American (perhaps a
descendant of Nancy Ward??) She resembles my late mother when she
(my mother) was a young woman......

Celia in PA

Some surnames: DENTON, ODELL, CUNNINGHAM, LEICHLITER, MCCORKLE,
MORRISON, SLOAN, HAYNES

Celia Millington-Wyckoff, M.A.
Instructional Materials Designer
Department of Distance Education/The World Campus
Penn State University
210 Rider II Building
University Park, PA
16802