Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2002-06 > 1024655211

From: "Dennis Maggard" <>
Subject: Re: [Melungeon] DNA News Report
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 06:26:51 -0400

From: <>

> In a message dated 6/20/02 4:13:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> > and they
> > are further confused by "experts" like Henige who want to discount the
whole
> > thing because it proves them wrong.
> >

> By that, Dennis, are you talking about his (Henige) conclusion that the
Free
> AA mixture was added by Black men who married white wives, and not by
Black
> women?

No, I am referring to Henige of the University of Wisconsin who has become
one of Brent Kennedy's most vociferous critics, not Paul Heinegg who has
done so much to document free black and free persons of color in early
colonial Virginia and throughout the southern colonies.

Dennis

This thread: