Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2002-12 > 1040237487

From: "Pat Elder" <>
Subject: RE: FW: [Melungeon]
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:51:36 -0500

Hi Jack,

I know what you mean about people quoting you when they really are only
repeating something you never said. I have often wondered who dreamed up the
part about me not believing, accepting, using, [fill-in-the-blank] oral
traditions for I have surely never ever said that. In fact, I have it in
writing in a least two places that I do use oral tradition and how I use it
but I won't mention it here since I don't want to sound commercial
(especially since I don't have anything to sell right now <G>).

In the meantime, I have always recommended your book and always will because
you dug into records and told us where we could find them if we wanted to
check out what you said or what you thought about something. I like that.

Did I ever mention that I spoke at the Second Union and didn't charge a cent
to anybody even though my husband had to pay to get in because he had to
drive because I had just gotten over cancer surgery and wasn't allowed to
drive yet? Oh yeah... I guess I forgot to whine about that.

Have a nice day <G>.
Pat