Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2002-12 > 1040254747

From: barb <>
Subject: Re: [Melungeon] Culture
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:39:38 -0500

Grandpaw used to sing that song about
>the frg and the log, cain't quite remember the words, it has been a
>few years since I sang it. ANybody remember it, it is kind of a round.
>
>Tari

Tari are you talking about the kids song ''There's A Hole In The Bottom Of
The Sea''. Goes something like

chorus
There's a hole in the bottom of the sea, there's a hole, there's a hole,
there's a hole in the bottom of the sea.

verses
1. there's a log on the hole and the hole's in the bottom of the sea.
2. there's a knot on the log, the log on the hole and the holes in the
bottom of the sea
3. there's a frog on the knot, the knot on the log, the log on the hole and
the hole's in the bottom of the sea.

it goes on to a wart on the frog... a hair on the wart.. a fly on the
hair.. a flea on the fly and a nit on the flea.
Barb
.
.
.

My surnames

Goin, Meyers, Butcher, Sowder, Lea, Holton, Stallions, McGrady, Boruff,
Ford, Lynch, Mink, Alford, Fortner, Cupp, Duncan, Thompson, Keck, Russell,
Egland, Day, Breeding, Ellison, Grief, Clawson, Rollins, Dickerson, Falls,
Jefard, Coffey, Humphrey, Weaver, Jessee, Burke, Muller, Helsepeck,
Bertsch, Ousley, Johnson, Hurst, Williams, McFarland, Brummet, and many more.

My photo album

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=toepik

This thread: