Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2002-12 > 1040259241

From: "Jack Goins" <>
Subject: Re: [Melungeon] thanks
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:54:01 -0500

> No, that's not what it was supposed to be. I will, however, point out
that
> if unexpected ethnic ancestries were found to be prominent in a general
> Appalachian population, it would be an even bigger discovery than if found
> only in a Melungeon descended population.

## Dennis That was not the original intent or else the story in the July
24-31,2000 double Issue
U.S. News and World Report didn't get that message. Testing MTDNA on know
Melungeon descendants today 200 years after the Melungeons came to be called
Melungeons. their mothers, mothers, mothers. tell me you cannot get there
from here. None of these mothers in my family were Melungeons. Jack