Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2003-03 > 1047584692

From: Barbara Ellison <>
Subject: Re: [Melungeon] Questions
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:44:52 -0600

If you study the populations that were in VA and the Carolinas from before
the Collins and Gibsons were recorded in TN, and if you check the
forebearers of the other people who married into the Gibsons and Collins,
you will get a good idea about the Gibsons and Collins..They didn't drop in
from another planet..
Has no one ever yet confirmed where the ancestors of Gibsons and Collins
were before TN? Liklihood was VA and Carolinas where there were plenty of
others with the same surnames..
Just a thought...
B.