Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2004-02 > 1076278204

From: "Roger" <>
Subject: [Melungeon] Fander Birds
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 17:10:04 -0500

Hold on Curtis, you know there is more to the Melungee-Foo people story
that hasn't been told, in which case could go on and on. There was a
period of time in life of the Melungee-Foo whereby the Foo birds that
sat atop the natives heads were victims of a coupe de ta. It seems
there were some Fander birds that heard about the charmed life the Foo
birds enjoyed, and wanted a piece of the action. History dictates that
Fander birds came to the Island in force and toppled all the Foo birds
from their lofty perhes and one by one assumed their respective
positions. After a couple of days in their lofty places, one of the
Fander birds said to the other: "Why in the world would we want to sit
on the head of these disgusting, foul smelling natives?" "I don't
know." replied the other, "But I was told:

"What's good for the Foo's is good for the Fander.