Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2004-02 > 1076290649

Subject: Re: [Melungeon] Re: What Fers!
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 20:37:32 EST

In a message dated 2/8/2004 8:30:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> I must say that having read lots and lots of emails on this list that it
> makes me not want to attend anything the MHA has or is a part of. As a
> Melungeon researcher, and an Appalachian researcher, it seems to me that the
> research part is out the window for some folks, and fun is poked at people
> who do research.
> The very people you claim to be are the ones you are making fun of.
>
> Penny

I have to agree with you, I have never been so disgusted with this list as I
have today. If every person who posted in the past few days took the time to
post a deed or will or make some contribution to this list anytime in the last
six months it wouldn't be so bad.

I can understand not contributing to the list and being a lurker but to come
out so you can poke fun of people, call others wannabes and make fun of
someone's dialect is not my idea of a fun list. I see nothing funny in what has
been posted here.

Joanne Pezzullo
"self-taught family genealogist"

Historical Melungeons