Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2009-10 > 1255354776

Subject: [MELUNGEON] Illegal Voting Trials
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:39:36 EDT

In Jack's book -- FOOTPRINTS FROM THE PAST -- page 106 it says;

''According to Heiskell, these trials proved the Melungeons were
Portuguese''---

--" The nationality claimed by the Melungeons in these illegal voting
trials was Portuguese, according to both Swan Burnett and Eliza Haskell
[Heiskell] ----

I have read and re-read both Burnett and Heiskell's articles and don't find
where they said the Melungeons 'claimed' or were proven to be Portuguese.
Are there other articles besides these two I have on my website?

_http://www.geocities.com/ourmelungeons/heiskell.html_
(http://www.geocities.com/ourmelungeons/heiskell.html)
_http://www.geocities.com/ourmelungeons/swan.html_
(http://www.geocities.com/ourmelungeons/swan.html)

Joanne
"I have been too long barked at to be mindful of the noise."

This thread: