Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2009-10 > 1256157573

From: "Joy King" <>
Subject: Re: [MELUNGEON] Illegal Voting Trials- Portuguese
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:39:33 -0400

There is no way to know what the genetic ancestry was without DNA testing direct line descendants of the males & females of each of "those mixed families".

Joy

Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:43 PM

And as I said earlier I think I can say with a fair degree of certainty
those mixed families on the Drowning Creek in 1754 - if they had any African
ancestry - it was so far removed from the present generation the militia
left them there to thrive in their own little mixed community.

This thread: