Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2011-04 > 1304004008

Subject: Re: [MELUNGEON] Historical Records.
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:20:08 -0400

The problem with the letter from Jarvis is he is speaking only of the
Collins, Bunch, Goodman, Gibson and other names he mentioned. The
people called Melungeons he is speaking of had an entirely different
history and migration pattern than the ''other Melungeons.'' He is not
taking into consideration the Bolton, Perkins, Shuemake, Goins etc.,
that were in Hamilton and Wilson Counties CALLED MELUNGEONS by 1850,
Jarvis did not know their names, their history or migration patterns.

Joanne Pezzullo

Historical Melungeon Indians
http://www.historical-melungeons.com/index.html