Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2011-06 > 1307835149

From: "Don Collins" <>
Subject: Re: [MELUNGEON] Emailing: RootsWeb Melungeon-L Re (no subject)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 17:32:29 -0600

>From Littell's Living Age-No. 254-31 March, 1849. THE MELUNGENS......

'And you're a darned Melungen.'
'Well, if I am, I ain't nigger-Melungen, anyhow--I'm Indian-Melungen, and
that's more 'an you is.'

Old news, nothing new.

"The big beef right now from some with E1b DNA who wants to make everyone
African. "

And who are 'some' ? I haven't seen anyone say 'everyone African'. This is
about genealogy, so if a person's Y-DNA haplogroup is E1b1a, they are just
to overlook it ? And say "all are of NDN blood" as you and your ilk are ?
When in fact you are a 'Bilaganna'.

I for one, say my Collins' line is a mixed race line, NDN, African, and
Caucasian. And not a soul can prove me wrong.

I'm not about to throw any of the three under the bus to prove a point.

Here is a good article on the subject by banjo historian George Gibson:

http://www.banjohistory.com/index.cfm/article/detail/2_mellungeons_and_myth

Read it Cleland, maybe it will learn you a thing or two.

Don Collins