Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2011-06 > 1307836422

Subject: Re: [MELUNGEON] Emailing: RootsWeb Melungeon-L Re (no subject)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 19:53:42 -0400

Don

You had an ancestor who might have been African 2000-3000 years ago. They may have been part of the African DNA that went to England 1000 years ago. DNA does not prove anything without genealogy. If you don't know who Valentine's father was you are merely guessing you have any African heritage.

And who are 'some' ? I haven't seen anyone say 'everyone African'. This is
about genealogy, so if a person's Y-DNA haplogroup is E1b1a, they are just
to overlook it ? And say "all are of NDN blood" as you and your ilk are ?
When in fact you are a 'Bilaganna'.

I for one, say my Collins' line is a mixed race line, NDN, African, and
Caucasian. And not a soul can prove me wrong.

Joanne Pezzullo

Historical Melungeon Indians
http://www.historical-melungeons.com/index.html

'Well, if I am, I ain't nigger-Melungen, anyhow--I'm Indian-Melungen, and
that's more 'an you is.'

Old news, nothing new.

"The big beef right now from some with E1b DNA who wants to make everyone
African. "

And who are 'some' ? I haven't seen anyone say 'everyone African'. This is
about genealogy, so if a person's Y-DNA haplogroup is E1b1a, they are just
to overlook it ? And say "all are of NDN blood" as you and your ilk are ?
When in fact you are a 'Bilaganna'.

I for one, say my Collins' line is a mixed race line, NDN, African, and
Caucasian. And not a soul can prove me wrong.

I'm not about to throw any of the three under the bus to prove a point.

Here is a good article on the subject by banjo historian George Gibson:

http://www.banjohistory.com/index.cfm/article/detail/2_mellungeons_and_myth

Read it Cleland, maybe it will learn you a thing or two.

Don Collins