Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2011-06 > 1307838610

From: "Jack Goins" <>
Subject: Re: [MELUNGEON] Emailing: RootsWeb Melungeon-L Re EmailingRootsWebMelungeon-L Re (no subject)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 20:30:10 -0400

Cleland this is from our by-laws which you voted for in fact the vote was
unaminious. \

Article II - Purpose

The purpose of this Corporation is to collect and preserve historical
records
that pertain to the Melungeons and/or their kinfolks and descendants.
Using documented family genealogy and DNA to expand the core Melungeon group
and also show relationship with other isolated groups. To encourage members
in genealogical research, to compile and prepare records, to establish and
maintain a website and or blog to keep the membership informed, to sponsor
and encourage educational meetings, reunions, lectures and activities
in genealogy and history. Jack