Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2011-06 > 1309020533


From:
Subject: Re: [MELUNGEON] Melungeon Indians
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 12:48:53 -0400
References: <BANLkTi=sPpd8dq_=jb0bwSk7em6Y+wjYpg@mail.gmail.com><117738.53965.qm@web180414.mail.gq1.yahoo.com><BANLkTikGWOFy1V8VjO-9rHbPOb5kSAXu6A@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To: <BANLkTikGWOFy1V8VjO-9rHbPOb5kSAXu6A@mail.gmail.com>


Janet if you have been reading them everyday it seems a rather simple answer.. either she was flogged or she wasn't. Are you saying she is not being truthful?


I have been reading them every day.

I will review them later when I have time.

Jane




Joanne Pezzullo

Historical Melungeon Indians
http://www.historical-melungeons.com/index.html



-----Original Message-----
From: Janet Crain <>
To:
Sent: Sat, Jun 25, 2011 12:42 pm
Subject: Re: [MELUNGEON] Melungeon Indians


I have been reading them every day.

I will review them later when I have time.

Janet

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 11:36 AM, K T JAMES <> wrote:

> Janet, where were you for the last two weeks when I was very publicly
> brought to
> task both on the Board and privately for embracing the NA ancestry, be it
> ever
> so mixed or small quantum lever? Before you say, "it is simply not true"
> you
> need to reread all of those emails on the MHS Board and obviously I cannot
> share
> any private emails but I got them.
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Janet Crain <>
> To:
> Sent: Sat, June 25, 2011 12:19:26 PM
> Subject: [MELUNGEON] Melungeon Indians
>
> Kathy wrote:
>
> >It bothers me that if you acknowledge any of your Indian ancestry then you
> get
> Flogged. If you acknowledge your African American, well, that's expected,
> if
> You acknowledge your white then you are discrediting your tri-racial
> ancestry.
>
>
> Kathy; This is simply not true. Perhaps you misunderstood something someone
> said. Who, when and where were you "flogged"?
>
> I cannot let this remark go by. All of us are proud of our NA. And some of
> us are not even Melungeon, myself included. Why in the world would I want
> to
> discredit any ethnic group?
>
> Janet
>
>
>
>
>
> *-------Original Message-------*
>
> *From:* K T JAMES <>
> *Date:* 6/25/2011 10:32:02 AM
> *To:*
> *Subject:* Re: [MELUNGEON] Melungeon Indians
>
> Probably a more realistic way to look at the Melungeon Core dna would be by
> family groups, i.e. where we know for instance that 5 or 6 or 10 or
> whatever
> are
> the same Gibsons, we probably should count that as 1 family, same with
> Goings,
> same with Collins to get a better picture. There are a lot I feel sure
> that
> have no connection to Melungeon but have a bump or lump or something so
> want
> to
> do the dna.
>
> It bothers me that if you acknowledge any of your Indian ancestry then you
> get
> flogged. If you acknowledge your african american, well, that's expected,
> if
> you acknowledge your white then you are discrediting your tri-racial
> ancestry.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> MELUNGEON Mailing List Archives:
>
> http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index?list=melungeon
>
> Lost Colony:
>
> http://the-lost-colony.blogspot.com
>
> Melungeon Website:
>
> http://www.jgoins.com/
>
> Melungeon Blogs:
>
> http://www.melungeon=historical-societymhs.blogspot.com
>
> http://www.historical-melungeons.blogspot.com
>
>
> For list problems contact Administrator Janet Crain at:
>
> -------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
> quotes in
> the subject and the body of the message
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> MELUNGEON Mailing List Archives:
>
> http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index?list=melungeon
>
> Lost Colony:
>
> http://the-lost-colony.blogspot.com
>
> Melungeon Website:
>
> http://www.jgoins.com/
>
> Melungeon Blogs:
>
> http://www.melungeon=historical-societymhs.blogspot.com
>
> http://www.historical-melungeons.blogspot.com
>
>
> For list problems contact Administrator Janet Crain at:
>
> -------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MELUNGEON Mailing List Archives:

http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index?list=melungeon

Lost Colony:

http://the-lost-colony.blogspot.com

Melungeon Website:

http://www.jgoins.com/

Melungeon Blogs:

http://www.melungeon=historical-societymhs.blogspot.com

http://www.historical-melungeons.blogspot.com


For list problems contact Administrator Janet Crain at:

-------------------------------
To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of
the message





This thread: