Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2011-06 > 1309022335

From: Scott Collins <>
Subject: Re: [MELUNGEON] Melungeon Indians
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 10:18:55 -0700 (PDT)

The thing about secrets is that they have a way of popping up to the surface when you least expect or want them too. Kathy, by all means, please do share those emails or paraphrase and name names. The only way to prove a thing is to show the evidence of a thing. Maybe if the MHS spent more time understanding the facts and the history of our people then they may just begin to rid themselves of ignorance.

No one that has identified with their Native American heritage has ever said they didn't have other admixtures (i.e. African/European/etc.). That is a red herring to distract from the realities of our people. For better or worse we are who we are and no amount of DNA misconception or misinformation will change this fundamental fact. If the MHS wants everyone to believe they are Euro/African bi-racials it will not work because there are too many historical reports both in courts and in government reports that refute it.

Scott P. Collins
WE ARE THE ONES WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

Evil Is An Outer Manifestation Of An Inner Struggle

“Men and women become accomplices to those evils they fail to oppose.”

"The greater the denial the greater the awakening."