Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2011-06 > 1309030580

From: CLELAND L THORPE <>
Subject: Re: [MELUNGEON] MELUNGEON Digest, Vol 6, Issue 146
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 15:36:20 -0400 (EDT)

It amazes me how many people can put their nose in someone elses business, especially when a number of highly respected Phds' have pretty well documented facts about our people. No one can speculate truth away nor can they decide what someone else's ethnicity is. How I was raised and what our culture was is really my business. I can be what ever I want to be because my six brothers and I spent over 80 years defending our rights and your right. Two of my brother paid the supreme price and two of us were wounded to insure our freedom. Our native language, customs and religion has been taken away by the same group of people who wants to deny our rights. One went so far as to pronounce me unamerican and a disgrace to my military career. I would be willing to bet that same person never served a day in the military. I'm to the point of taking a few of these folks to court. Keep in mind I was approved as a member of an Native American Tribe by the Council in accordance with Bur!
eau of Indian Affairs. I probaby have more Indian blood than a lot of those in Oklahoma.
I'm not sorry the big mystery about our people is solved and all the printing of Melungeon Speculations will come to an end.

Cleland
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:57:03 PM
Subject: MELUNGEON Digest, Vol 6, Issue 146

http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index?list=melungeon

Lost Colony:

http://the-lost-colony.blogspot.com

Melungeon Website:

http://www.jgoins.com/

Melungeon Blogs:

http://www.melungeon=historical-societymhs.blogspot.com

http://www.historical-melungeons.blogspot.com

For list problems contact Janet Crain at:

Today's Topics:

1. Re: Melungeon Indians ()
2. Re: Melungeon Indians (K T JAMES)
3. Melungeon Indians ()