Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2011-06 > 1309056579

From: "Randy" <>
Subject: [MELUNGEON] racial origins vs. geographic origins
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 22:49:39 -0400

If it is generally agreed that the Melungeons are a mixture of American
Indian (Mongoloid, haplo Q3) and African (Negroid, haplo E3), and European
(Caucasoid, haplo R1), and we are using this DNA system to analyze the
various racial mixtures in Melungeon families, then how can we turn right
around and use words like 'Portuguese' and 'Spanish' and 'Scottish' to also
define family origins? Which system do you want to use? You can't use
both. And you definitely can't mix the two systems together.

Randy Williams

This thread: