Melungeon-L Archives

Archiver > Melungeon > 2011-06 > 1309060934

From: "Randy" <>
Subject: Re: [MELUNGEON] racial origins vs. geographic origins
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 00:02:14 -0400

That's my point. Just as describing Katy as an American gives no clue as to
her race, describing Lewis Collins as Portuguese gives no clue as to his
race.

=====================================

Randy, People don't identify themselves by "race," let alone by haplotype,
but also nations, culture, geographical areas, neighborhoods and families.
If you ask a Causasian person what they are, they'll tell you Spanish,
Scottish, Norwegian. An Oriental person could be Korean, Chinese or Thai.
Racially I am more than one race with ancestors from more than one nation
and culturally I am an American. America, like most other nations, has more
than one race of people.
Katy

http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index?list=melungeon

Lost Colony:

http://the-lost-colony.blogspot.com

Melungeon Website:

http://www.jgoins.com/

Melungeon Blogs:

http://www.melungeon=historical-societymhs.blogspot.com

http://www.historical-melungeons.blogspot.com

For list problems contact Administrator Janet Crain at: