N-IRELAND-L Archives

Archiver > N-IRELAND > 2000-10 > 0971871865

From: "D&G Reid" <>
Subject: [N-IRELAND] Hamilton's
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:24:25 -0400

Here are some names I researching.
They descend from REV RICHARD HAMILTON, D 1842, Rector of Culdaff and
Clonca, Ireland.
I believe that is in Dublin area???
and CATHERINE TIPPING
(I'm guessing they're children may have lived in the same area, although I know I
have
ancestors from INNISHOWEN, IRELAND as well.)

RICHARD T HAMILTON
Married
ANNE BLACKER D 1904
They had 6 sons and 3 daughters

HARRIETTE C HAMILTON B 1829 D 1917
Married
JOHN LAIRD MAIR LAWRENCE B1811 D1879, Viceroy of India 1864-1868
They had 4 sons and 1 daughter.
I don't think she lived nearby after her marriage, I heard she olny came back to visit a couple of times after her marriage. They did spend years in India, and I'm not sure where they went after he retired.

Venerable EDWARD JAMES HAMILTON B 1819 D 1896
Archdeacon of Derry 1873-1896
Married
SUSANNA GEORGINA HART B 1818 D 1882, daughter of G V Hart of Kilderry
They had 4 sons and 3 daughters
They ended up living in Derry, where he spent the last years of his life as Archdeacon of Derry, at St. Columba's Cathedral.

WILLIAM JOHN LAWRENCE HAMILTON B 1859 D 1946
Married
CAROLINE LOUISA HAYWARD B1861, Hampshire, England, D 1932
They immigrated to Canada in 1891, had 12 children.
I have quite a bit of infor on them from after the went to Canada, but not much before that.

FRANCES ALICIA HAMILTON
Married 1881
RICHARD ERROL HAMILTON B 1819 D 1896
They had one daughter