NA-CHEROKEE-FREEDMAN-L Archives

Archiver > NA-CHEROKEE-FREEDMAN > 2012-10 > 1349936032

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [NA-CHEROKEE-FREEDMAN] DNA Test to prove heritage?
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 06:13:52 -0000

Author: silverhair411
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/topics.ethnic.natam.nations.cherokee.cherokeefreedmen/125.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Cherokee in particular - No

Native American - yes.

Family Tree DNA & 23andMe let you download your raw data. Mine was uploaded to gedmatch.

My MDLP World-22 Admixture Proportions

Population
Pygmy-
West-Asian5.70%
North-European-Mesolithic4.88%
Indo-Tibetan-
Mesoamerican0.36%
Arctic-Amerind0.72%
South-America_Amerind-
Indian0.13%
North-Siberean-
Atlantic_Mediterranean_Neolithic34.71%
Samoedic-
Indo-Iranian1.63%
East-Siberean-
North-East-European49.54%
South-African0.09%
North-Amerind-
Sub-Saharian-
East-South-Asian-
Near_East2.23%
Melanesian-
Paleo-Siberian-
Austronesian-

However, if my results are checked by each chromosomes, I have a % in each one of the above categories.

mt-Haplogroups A & D are in the Arctic, Southeastern U.S. & South American (Native American markers). The most frequent in the U.S. are A, B, C, & D with a smaller number X. The first 4 are found on each side of the Bering Strait. Not so with X.

According to this article
http://www.atlantisinsights.net/DNA.htm

25% of the Iroquois are Haplogroup X(your husband's ancestry - I found your Ancestry database where your husband's and my family are listed).

Page 10 of this article

http://design.lunarpages.com/projects/argusbio.com/docs/papers/Bolnick_2003_NativeAmericans.pdf

gives some breakdown of results with various tribes who were tested (appearing they have intermarried to the point that they have all of the most common Native haplogroups).

Important Note: