NA-CHEROKEE-NC-L Archives

Archiver > NA-CHEROKEE-NC > 2002-10 > 1033952835

Subject: Re: [Cherokee-NC] Book--Whites Among the Cherokees
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 21:07:17 -0400

Something that I have found to be helpful--is to know the history of events that was occuring during the time in which an ancestor was living. In the book Cherokee Proud, Dr. McClure encourages us to know the American History, and the Cherokee History/ Historical Maps of the time that we are looking up. This has been helpful to me. Knowing these things will help you to decide whether to look in North Carolina or Virgimia resources. Also, another thought sometimes where a person died and buried will may also be important.

The website where you can purchase the Whites Among the Cherokee also lists books from North/South Carolina and Virginia. Some of the databases can be accessed through websites.