NA-SHAWNEE-L Archives

Archiver > NA-SHAWNEE > 2006-10 > 1161631855

From: tula <>
Subject: Re: [NA-SHAWNEE] the Indiana Blue Creek Shawnee roll
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:30:55 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Guy.

At one time I knew many of the Youghiogheny People when they were still part of an Ohio tribe I prefer not to mention by name...

It was a sad day when the good people of the Eagle Clan, led by Rain Crow, removed to Maryland, but I understood why. It was more convenient due to proximity to where they lived at the time.

It was the way for our Ancestors to form individual villages then meet at a central location for Councils and Ceremonies. It didn't indicate lack of getting along. It showed practicality.

I prefer to send my information to you off list to avoid ill-informed comments from those who talk much about which they know little and whose words benefit no one.

With much respect,
Tula

wrote:
I am interested in the village info. when ready. I had to miss the
Youghiogheny Bands Fall Bread Dance Eagle Clan this pass weekend because of
somethings that came up, first time in 5 years. . My wife is Shawnee and I
keep looking for all the conecting groups out there.

Guy