NC-NEWSPAPER-L Archives

Archiver > NC-NEWSPAPER > 2002-04 > 1019416449

Subject: [NC-NEWSPAPER] Duke-Stainback Family Reunion, May 25, Epsom, NC
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 15:14:09 EDT

You are Cordially Invited
to Attend Our Duke-Stainbacck Family Reunion
on May 25, 2001

The reunion will be held at
New Bethel Baptist Church, Epsom, North Carolina
The event will be a covered-dish lunch.

Contact: <A HREF="mailto:">Joyce Duke</A> at <A HREF="mailto:">

</A>hotel & other information is at our web site: <A HREF="http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~stainbackduke/News.htm ">
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~stainbackduke/News.htm</A>;

Our second annual Duke-Stainback Family Reunion will be held on May 25, 2002
(the last Saturday in May), at the New Bethel Baptist Church in Epsom, North
Carolina. It will be a covered-dish event, meaning everyone should bring a
dish for the lunch buffet. To help cover expenses for the reunion, there will
be a voluntary admission charge of $5 per adult - children will be free.

<A HREF="http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~stainbackduke/printcemeteries.htm">New Bethel Church</A> has special meaning for our family. Many of our direct and
extended family members are buried in the church cemetery. The nearby area
also has <A HREF="http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~stainbackduke/printcemeteries.htm">several other cemeteries</A> where members of the extended family are
buried. An interesting side excursion for those of you with the time is Duke
University, about an hour's drive away, where cousin <A HREF="file:///C:/FrontPageWebs/Content/Stainback-Duke/GWDukefamilyAlbum.htm">Washington Duke</A> and
several other members of his family are buried.

The reunion will start at 10am, with donuts and coffee or juice. Lunch will
start at 12:30pm, and the program will start after lunch, at approximately 2
pm.

We plan to have speakers knowledgeable about the Stainbacks, Dukes, allied
families and local genealogy research. We also plan to have a computer,
scanner and printer so that we'll be able to share photos and genealogy
files. We hope to have lots of family/genealogy/local history goodies for you
to take home, as well as door prizes for some lucky people!

Anyone interested in genealogy is welcome to join us.

For more information, or to let us know how many will be coming, contact: