NCBERTIE-L Archives

Archiver > NCBERTIE > 2001-07 > 0996258398

From: Jennifer <>
Subject: [NCBERTIE] BOYKIN Wills
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:26:38 -0400

Hi Virginia,

I don't have exactly what you need, but ran across the info below while
looking. Have you seen these?

From _Abstract of North Carolina Wills_, compiled by J. Bryan Grimes, E.M.
Uzzell & Co., State Printers and Binders, Raleigh, 1910, reprinted 1986 by
Southern Historical Press, Easley, SC:

BOYKIN, EDWARD
Northampton County. June 8, 1743.
Sons: Thomas (lands lying between Richard Walls and Meadow Branch), Solomon
(lands above Meadow Branch), Hardy (land on Cypress Swamp), Edward,
Benjamin. Daughter: Rachel Heron. Grandson: Henry Boykin. Wife: Judith.
Executors: Judith (wife) and Solomon Boykin (son).
Witnesses: Chas. Campbell, Richard Wall.
Clerk of the Court: I. Edwards.

BOYKIN, THOMAS
Northampton County. April 13, 1748. February Court, 1750.
Wife: Meldred. Son: Thomas (land and plantation). Ann Craford, Martha
Thornton, Elizabeth Strickland and Pattience Strickland (one shilling each).
Executors: Meldred Boykin (wife) and Thomas Boykin (son).
Witnesses: Jno. Simpson, Joseph Rogers, John Reynolds.
Clerk of the Court: I. Edwards.

I also have a book of will abstracts for Northampton Co., NC. It lists the
following BOYKINs/BOYAKINs in the index: Burell/Burwell (2), Charlotte,
Francis, Harriet, Jesse, Jeremiah, John (7), Martha, Mason, Nancy, Olive,
Robert (3), Samuel, Sarah (3), Starling, Sterling. If you're interested in
any of these, let me know and I'll post them to the list for archiving.

Hope this helps somehow,
Jennifer
Jacksonville, FL, USA

>Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:05:28 -0500
>From: Crilley <>
>Subject: [NCBERTIE] NC Testator look-up
>
>Could someone who has the NC Testator book (or is going to the library that
>has one) please do a look-up for us?
>
>We have this much info....but need to verify the COUNTY that the will is in.
>
>Wills, B, Page 158, 1790, BOYKIN, SOLOMON, Judah (wife); William, Polly,
>Edea and Zilpha.
>
>Thanks so very much!!
>
>Virginia

This thread: