NCBLADEN-L Archives

Archiver > NCBLADEN > 2009-04 > 1240404612

From: "Claudia Cannady" <>
Subject: Re: [NCBLADEN] Lookup: Jacob Darden/Durden 1755-1855
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:50:12 -0400

Dee
Sorry for the delay in answering. We cannot find proof of Jacob
Durden-Durdin-Darden-Durdino's military service other than info given by the
DAR and SAR. If you think any of your books would have this info, I would
appreciate a lookup.

Alta Durden is leading up a Durden group and copies of original documents
are being made to the Ga Archives, NARA, etc by Alta Durden .

The latest info from Alta ... A telephone conversation with a librarian in
Lincoln Co. (Georgia) Public Library re-confirms the RW pension applications
indexed (1976 edition), for Polly Durden (as widow of Mills Durden), W17736
and John Durdin, born 1761/62 in Dobbs Co., N.C., S6807, both for military
service in North Carolina. In addition to those two, there is also one for
George DArden, GA and SC, S16757, (contained in the 1966 index, too);
but nothing indexed in either volume for Jacob Durden, 1755-1845. Perhaps
Jacob's application(s) may be found on microfilm not yet indexed. We'll
find out when I get a response from the NATF request I sent via postal mail
earlier this week.... maybe in as long as 120 days from now. ... Alta
Durden

Thanks for your help,

Claudia