NCGATES-L Archives

Archiver > NCGATES > 2000-05 > 0958790205

From: "David H. Farrar" <>
Subject: Re: [NCGATES] Buckland plantation house
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 21:36:45 -0500

Thanks to all who have sent info about Buckland. How tragic that it has
been allowed to fall into a state of disrepair!
I am a descendant of Henry Roberson b. 8/12/1746. His first wife was
Sallie Collins. She was married, bore her children and died at another
famous NC plantaion, Buncombe Hall. His second wife was Winifred
Caroline Baker. Three of Henry's sons also married Baker women. My
ancestor, Charles Roberson, married Elizabeth Caroline Baker
(b. 11/30/1795) 2/18/1813 at Buckland. She was the daughter of
James Baker and Absilla Jane Troutman.
I am very interested in the history of both plantaions, especially any
records that might aid in my Roberson family research.

Elizabeth
Birmingham, AL