NCMARTIN-L Archives

Archiver > NCMARTIN > 1999-07 > 0932079629

From: "Linda Harris" <>
Subject: wards part 2
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:00:29 -0400

11. Millisent WARD died before 1 Nov 1777. She was born in Bertie Co., N.
C..

She was married to BELOTE.

12. Sarah WARD died before 1 Nov 1777. She was born in Bertie Co., N. C..

She was married to ANDERSON.

She was married to PHILIPS.

14. Mary WARD was born in Bertie Co., N. C..

She was married to William ANDERSON.

18. William WARD died in Bertie Co. NC. owned property in Tyrrell from
1740-1760 never lived there

land conveyed to William from John and Catherine Ward in 12-1748

deeds dated 8-18-1748 and witnessed by Wm copeland, Jr., Joseph and James
Ward

Ex of father will.

5-22-1741 Thoms Speller and Sarah Speller and William and Ann Ward all of
bErtie conveyed land in Tyrrell to Thoa Duggan of that co (d Bk 1 p 196
Tyrrell)

D Bk I p 213) Richard Swain, Thoms Speller and William Ward all of bertie
make a conveyance to Higinson King

He was married to Ann SPELLER (daughter of Henry SPELLER and Patience
PARRIS) between 1727 and 1738 in Bertie Co. NC. Ann SPELLER was born before
1727 in Bertie Co. NC. William WARD and Ann SPELLER had the following
children:

+32 i. William WARD.
+33 ii. Anne WARD.

19. Jobe WARD.

He was married to Mary ARLINE (daughter of John ARLINE and Sarah) before
1731. Mary ARLINE was born in N Carolina.

21. Elizabeth WARD.

She was married to THOMPSON. THOMPSON was born in N Carolina.

22. Catherine WARD.

She was married to EVANS. EVANS was born in N Carolina.

FOURTH GENERATION

27. Penelope WARD was born about 1753 in Bertie Co., N. C..

She was married to CLIFTON. CLIFTON was born in N Carolina.

She was married to Andrew COCK. Andrew COCK was born about 1740 in Bedford,
PA. Penelope WARD and Andrew COCK had the following children:

+34 i. James COCK.
+35 ii. Penelope COCK.
+36 iii. John COCK.
+37 iv. Susanna COCK.
+38 v. Catherine COCK.
39 vi. Phariba COCK was born in 1792 in Grayson, VA.
+40 vii. Tabitha COCK.
+41 viii. Hannah COCK.
+42 ix. Mary COCK.

32. William WARD signed a will on 20 Feb 1793 in Martin Co., N.C.. martin
co wills b1p192 p 43 abs
mentions wf elizabeth, sons william and spellar, and
dau ann whitehus, mary hooks, sara ??, patience lanier, hannah biggs,
winifred short, /// biggs

In the name of God, Amen.

I WILLIAM WARD, of the State of North Carolina and County of Martin, being
weak in body but (of) sound judgment, thanks be to God for the same, knowing
it is once appointed for all men to die, do make and ordain this my last
will and testament, and do dispose of my worldly good(s), as God has been
pleased to give unto me, as follows:

Item, I lend unto my beloved wife, ELIZABETH WARD, fifty acres of land
adjoining the road, being the upper end of said tract, and all my hogs and
cattle during her natural life or widowhood, likewise I lend unto her, my
wife, one negro girl named Jane during her natural life or widowhood, and
after my wife's death or marriage, the stock of hogs and cattle to be my son
WILLIAM WARD's, his heirs and assigns forever ----

Likewise I give unto my son SPELLAR WARD the land and plantation whereon he
now lives ---and bounded as follows: beginning on Smithwick Creek at the
mouth of the Island Swamp, then turning with said Swamp to the Spring
Branch, then at the said branch to the head, then to the lower end of the
Turning Row that runs through the plantation, thence along the said Turning
Row to the upper end of the plantation to the plumb nursery, thence a
straight course to the back line, thence along the back line to Hooks' line,
thence to the creek, thence up the creek to the first station, to him and
his heirs forever ---- likewise I give unto my son SPILLAR WARD one-third
part of my grist mill and one-third part of my negro man Sam, to him and his
heirs forever -----

I have given unto my son JOHN WARD all that I allotted for him, land and
other articles to him -----

Item, I give unto my daughter MARY HOOKS one negro girl named SILAVY, to her
and her heirs forever -----

Item, I give to my daughter SARAH BIGGS five shillings, to her and her heirs
forever -----

Item the articles as my daughter ANN WHITEHUS has received to be and remain
hers and her heirs forever.

Item, I give unto my daughter PATIENCE LANIER one negro girl named Jenny
that she has already received, to her and her heirs forever.

Item, I give unto my daughter HANNER BIGGS all that I intended for her for
to remain hers and her heirs forever ---

Item I give unto my daughter WINIFRED SHORT onoe negro girl called IONE
after my wife's death or marriage, to her and her heirs forever.

Item, I give unto my daughter MILLY BIGGS one negro girl called RACHEL,
which she has already received, and a chest of drawers, to her and her heirs
forever -----

Lastly, I appoint my son SPELLAR WARD and my son WILLIAM WARD to be my
executors of this, my last will and testament, and I do disannul all and
every other will heretofore made and acknowledge this to be my last will and
testament, whereunto I set my hand and seal this 20th day of February, 1793.

In the presence of} WILLIAM WARD {seal}
JONATHAN WARD } (his W mark)
WALKER W. WYNNS

He died about 20 Feb 1793 in Paskquotank Co., N.C.. He was born in N.C..
Bertie CO Deeds

William Ward and wf Ann of tyrell CO to john Mackenzie, minister, of Suffolk
parish , nansemond co., VA
3-9-1752 80 # for 300 a on NS morattock river adj Luke mizel "this day
personally appeared before me Ann ward declared her consent to the said
that she did sign the said deed of her own free will without any fear
compulsion or persuasion " 5-12-1752 John Brown, his majesty’s justice
Wit: Thomas whitmell, Benjamin wynns, w gray, 5-1752. Samuel ormes

Martin CO History V I by Francis m manning and W. H. booker 1977

8-31-1753 william ward to edmond smithwick, 150 a on thewist side of
smithwick crek…..witness were E smithwick and john smithwick, sons of edmond
smithwick

Elizabeth was born in N.C.. William WARD and Elizabeth had the following
children:

+43 i. Patience WARD.
44 ii. Stellar WARD died after 1793. He was born in N.C..
+45 iii. James WARD.
+46 iv. John WARD.
47 v. William WARD was born before 1753 in N.C.. He died after 1793.
+48 vi. Mary WARD.
+49 vii. Sarah WARD.
+50 viii. Winford WARD.
+51 ix. Milly WARD.
+52 x. Ann WARD.

33. Anne WARD was born in NC.

She was married to Waltkins William WYNNS (son of John Daniel WYNNS and
Sarah VAN PELT). Waltkins William WYNNS was born on 30 Sep 1743 in Bertie
County, NC. He died on 20 Mar 1812 in Martin Co, NC. Anne WARD and
Waltkins William WYNNS had the following children:

+53 i. Winfred WYNNS.
+54 ii. Mary WYNNS.
+55 iii. Thomas WYNNS.
+56 iv. Sarah WYNNS.
+57 v. William Ward WYNNS.
58 vi. George WYNNS was born on 30 May 1781 in bc. He died on 28 Jan 1782
in NC.
+59 vii. Ann WYNNS.
60 viii. Benjamin WYNNS was born on 6 Jun 1785 in NC. He died on 22 Oct
1803.
+61 ix. Peggy WYNNS.
+62 x. Henry WYNNS.
+63 xi. elizabeth WYNNS.
+64 xii. Samuel WYNNS.

Linda F. Harris
researching Garris, Andrews, and related families in northern Pitt and
southern pitt