NCMECKLE-L Archives

Archiver > NCMECKLE > 1998-02 > 0888715965

From: TRVT34A <>
Subject: Re: [NCMECKLE-L] CASHION Family
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 20:32:45 EST

In a message dated 2/28/98 4:10:43 PM, wrote:

<<Looking for the parents of John CASHION, b c 1807, VA or NC. He was listed
in NC 1840 Census in Mecklenburg County and in 1850, 1860 and 1870 in SC
Census in York County. His wife was Hannah L. ?, children were Jacob Brown,
George W. and Jenny.

I am requesting this information for someone who is not on the Internet.
Please respond to me directly. .

Thank you,
Jean Fountain>>

Jean Fountain,
It looks like I haven't traced far enough forward to get your John.
However, the CASHION name has been found spelled many different ways but
predominately: CASHION, CASHEN, CASHIN, CASHON and CASSHON. I have traced a
couple of families from Chesterfield Co., VA to Mecklenburg Co., NC. The
earliest is James CASHION, born about 1700 possibly in England. I will cover
one line of this family that went to Mecklenburg Co., NC.

James CASHOON married Sarah, before 1750. James CASHER, an infirm person,
ordered that he be exempted from paying the County and Parish Levies, May 4,
1750 in Chesterfield Co., VA court.
James II CASHION, son of James and Sarah CASHION was born about 1722 in
Chesterfield Co., VA, and was the father of Burwell CASHION who went to
Mecklenburg. The will of James Sr. CASHON was written in Manchester Parish,
Chesterfield Co., VA, June 2, 1791, and witnessed by James PUCKETT and Allen
WHITWORTH. The will named his wife Ann CASHION, and son's Joel CASHION and
Burwell CASHION and grandaughter Phebe CASHON.

1. James CASHION born circa 1755, was the son of James Sr. and Ann CASHION.
James married Nancy WEEKS October 14, 1784 in Amelia Co., VA. Nancy was
born about 1755 and died about 1810 Iredell Co., NC. Sometime before 1800
they moved to Iredell Co., NC. James died about 1820 in Lincoln Co., TN.

2. Burwell "Burrell" CASHION was the son of James Sr. and Ann CASHION.
Burwell was born in February 13 or 18, 1758 in Chesterfield Co., VA. Burrel
CASHION wrote his will in Mecklenburg Co., NC, May 12, 1829. His will named
his wife Judey, son John CASHION, daughter Minny CASHION the wife of Peter
CASHION, his grandchildren Willis WASHAM and Caroline M. PUCKETT and also
named Carter PUCKETT, Isaiah PUCKETT and Sidney PUCKETT, relationship not
provided. Burrell died in August 1843 in Mecklenburg Co., NC.

3. Thomas CASHION, the son of James Sr. and Ann CASHION, was born in
Chesterfield Co., VA, 1758. Thomas enlisted in the Revolutionary Army in
Chesterfield Co., VA, 1777. Thomas married Tabitha TALBOT December 31, 1780
in Chesterfield Co., VA. Thomas moved his family to Mecklenburg Co., NC in
1800. His will abstract reads: Thomas CASHON. 21 Aug 1834 prb in Feb 1835
Ct. Being weak of body, I allow my wf Tabitha the use and benefit of my
prosperity as it now stands during her lifetime, and at her death I will to my
son Thomas the plantation where I now live; to my son Joby I will the negro
Jannett, I give $30 to the children of my dau Nancy Worsham, (decd?), and the
same amoumt to the children of my dau Martha Sloan, (decd?)

4. Dicey CASHION, born about 1762 in Chesterfield Co., VA was the daughter of
James Sr. and Ann CASHION, married John WASHAM. Their son Jeremiah WASHAM
married Mary Ann CASHON December 21, 1799.
5. Joel CASHION, born in Chesterfield Co., VA about 1765, was the son of James
Sr. and Ann CASHION. Joel married Martha JACKSON December 10, 1785 in
Chesterfield Co., VA. A Joel CASHON also married Suckey POWERS in
Mecklenburg Co., NC, October 17, 1811.

Larry Washam

This thread: