NCMECKLE-L Archives

Archiver > NCMECKLE > 2001-09 > 1001595922

Subject: [NCMECKLE-L] Re: Ross family of Mecklenburg Co, NC
Date: 27 Sep 2001 07:05:22 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/UUB.2ACE/1139.384.590.667.1252.1401.2489.2.1.2

Message Board Post:

Hello,
I'm the gggg-grandson of Humphrey Hunter and Margaret Ross. The Rev. Humphrey Hunter and and my ggggg-grandfather, Henry Hunter, were brothers. Humphrey Hunter immigrated to Mecklenburg County NC with his widowed mother (Polly or Agnes?) after the death of thier father. Henry remained in Derry until his truelove, Martha Sloan was old enough to marry. They joined their relatives later in NC (It was said that 5 brothers came to Meckenburg County. The C.L. Hunter who wrote the Historical Sketches was the son of Rev. Humphrey. They're all buried at Steele Creek Presbyterian in Charlotte, NC. Henry is buried at Prosperity Presbyterian Church on the other side of the county.

This thread: