NCORANGE-L Archives

Archiver > NCORANGE > 1998-11 > 0911785258

From: Bob Shi <>
Subject: Re: [NCORANGE-L] Re: NC-Will Abstracts - 1760-1800
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 20:40:58 -0500

wrote:
<snip>
> << I have a copy of North Carolina Will Abstracts 1760-1800 and will be happy
> do look-ups. It is not indexed, so please specify counties >>
>
> Could you see if there is a Will Abstract for a John Parsons in either Rowan
> County or Guilford County? I am not sure of the date of death.
<snip>

Just a caution:
I assume that the book being referenced is the one published by Olds
in 1925. It can be useful as a guide. However, it has many errors:
missing names, conflated entries, and so on. Please be sure to check the
actual record (where it still exists).
By the way, Mitchell lists wills for three men named John Parsons
(using that spelling). Mitchell does not provide abstracts. The entries
are:

John Parsons 077 [Perquimans Co.] 1867 WB-H/21 AR
John Parsons 028 [Craven Co.] 1797 WB-B/22 AR
John Parsons 028 [Craven Co.] 1826 WB-C/272 AR

The "AR" notation means that the original is in the NC Archives.
The recorded copies are in the designated county will books. The date is
normally the date the will was probated.

Best wishes,
Bob

--
Member: NGS, NCGS, PGN, Association of Professional Genealogists
Address for professional research requests:

This thread: