NCROBESO-L Archives

Archiver > NCROBESO > 1998-09 > 0904680865

From: Victoria <>
Subject: Re: [NCROBESO-L] DAVID CARTER
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 16:14:25 -0400

Hi Pauline,

Are you kidding??? <G> I just uploaded a new feature on the
Robeson County site yesterday -- "They Went Thataway..."
and you were the very first to contribute.

The rules are fairly simple: be nice to each other, try to
contribute some original data (citing source) which might help
others (oh, and always say IF it's okay for inclusion on the
Robeson County website <smile and blush>), and have fun!
I want everyone to have a chance to find some cousins and
we'd all love to hear your family stories and such. This is not
intended to be a "swap queries only" list. Right, Jo Church D.???
<impish grin>.

Cheers,
Victoria Proctor
Listowner
At 01:26 PM 9/1/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
> just joined the list and this is my first post. Please, someone advise me
>when I break the rules.
>
>Recently received gedcom file of a CARTER genealogy, which is said to be my
>line.
>
>It gives (as father of my GGgrandfather > HARDY H. CARTER >, born 1826 SC)
>the
>
>name < DAVID CARTER Sr > .
>
> his children were:
>
>WILIAM R. CARTER
>
>HARDY H. CARTER; born 1826 sc; and
>
> DAVID CARTER , JR > born 22 Feb 1821, NC married Effie McDougald , born
>1826 NC. They had the following children:
>
> ALFRED CARTER, born about 1847
>
> FLORA CARTER, born 1848 NC
>
> ANGUS CARTER, born 23 Feb 1850 at Robeson Co. NC.:
> .
> EFFIE CARTER , born 1854 Coffee Co AL
>
> WILLIAM CARTER born 1857 coffee Co AL
>
> J. C. CARTER born 1859 coffee co. AL
>
> LOUISE CARTER
>
> M.T.M. CARTER
>
> FRANCES CARTER
>
> ELIZABETH CARTER
>
> TINE CARTER
>
> If any of these names sound familiar to anyone I would be very
grateful
>to hear from you.
>
>Thank U
>Fare Thee Well
>
>Pauline Stanhagen
>

>.

Victoria Proctor
SCGenWeb State Coordinator
<http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/3837/>;

USGenWeb Archives Manager for South Carolina
<http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/sc/scfiles.htm>;

USGenWeb Tombstone Project File Manager, South Carolina
<http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/s-car.html>;

SCGenWeb Pages:
Dillon County - <http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/1786/dillon.html>;
Marion County - <http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/1786/marion.html>;